Friday, April 12, 2013

Grueneyes 50% discount #1

Grueneyes 50% discount #1
discount picture frame
Image by Ed Yourdon
At Broadway and 87th Street, an optometrist called "Grueneyes" is offering a 50% discount. The details of the discount are seen more easily (with or without the special Cartier eyeglass frames that you can buy at Grueneyes) in the next photo.

Note: this photo was published in a Mar 22, 2010 blog titled Grueneyes 50% Discount #1 www.arborvision.com/grueneyes-50-discount-1/ , i.e., the same title as the caption that I used for this Flickr page. And for reasons I don't understand at all, the photo was published in an Apr 22, 2010 blog titled "How To Get Bigger Better Breasts In Just Minutes A Day." It was also published in a Nov 8, 2010 Discount-inSainsbury blog, with the same title as the caption that I put on this Flickr page. And it was published in an undated (late Nov 2010) blog titled "How to Find Work in a Recession."

Moving into 2011, the photo was published in a Jan 4, 2011 blog titled "Websites, advertisements offer clues to discounts." It was also published in a Nov 18, 2011 Cool How To Get Photographic Memory images blog, with the same caption and detailed notes that I had written on this Flickr page.

***************

These are photos that I began taking in mid-December of 2008, after the government helpfully informed us that the recession (a word they had dared not use before, just as they refuse to use the word "depression" now) has actually been in effect since December 2007.

Having lived through roughly half a dozen previous recessions, with nothing but vague memories to mark their existence, I thought it would be useful to start gathering some photographic memories of the current one. It may or may not turn out to be as severe as the Great Depression of the 1930's, and it may or may not produce the kind of grim photographs that we have of that era ... but we won't really know until it's over, and our 20-20 hindsight might be better informed with some pictures.

Thus far, I have only a few pictures of signs showing steep discounts; these are interesting, but it's the "human story" that I think will tell the more important story. Thus far, I've noticed an increase in the number of homeless peoplehe street, asking for money, food, and handouts; but I have no direct evidence that it's associated with the recession itself. In any case, I'm reluctant to take advantage of such people by taking casual photos of them; I'm sure more appropriate opportunities will present themselves, and I'll add them to the album as I find them...


Moo Mini Card Frame
discount picture frame
Image by Michael Kappel
Moo Mosaic Mini Business Card Frame

Moo Business Card Showcase


My Referral Code for 10% discount off your first order
www.moo.com/share/jszmq2


Photo taken by Michael Kappel of Moo Minicard Business cards Frame


View the high resolution Image on my picture website
Pictures.MichaelKappel.com

Follow Me on Tumblr.com Photo Blog
PhotoBlog.MichaelKappel.com/


FL ISO16005D2 n
discount picture frame
Image by bluemonkey.
the 5D2 , to my eyes, is at least 1/2 stop noisier than the Nikon D700 but I still prefer the 5D2 cause its got EF24-105f4LIS.

this lens is very useful on a frull frame , on my 50D it was an ok lens with not so useful range but now it is a perfect walk around lens on a 5D2.

the distrotion of this lens is bad as you can see it here but I think it is very easy to fix in PS.

the AF of the mark2 is not that bad but not comparable to the D700.

I am still debating pros and cons of these 2 full frame bodies but for my particular needs the D700 probably is the camera since I need clean ISO3200 without much chroma noise and super fast AF.

And I lvoe the Nikon AFS50f1.4G and AFS17-35f2.8, both are super sharp lens at least my copy of these 2.

But I miss my 24-105 and 70-200f4LISUSM so I think I will get the D700 +7D , and use them for very very different types of photogrpahy.

I think I use the D700 with the AFS17-35 ,50f1.4G , 24-70f2.8G , the 7D with 70-200f4LIS and 135f2LISUSM.

I am selling my EFS17-55f2.8ISUSM cause I will not use it on my 7D and even if I get the 5D2 , I will not use it and use my 24-105f4L for most of things

I think I like both and I guess I wont get rid of any of my cameras besides my D300 and 40D..

UPDATE: I am think about returning both the 7D and Nikon D700 for the 5D2 since I got discount price for the 5D2 ,which I actually wanted from start , I also think the 5D2 AF is just fine in real life.

Also, as I compare the D700+the AFS24-70f2.8N against the 5D2 +my own EF24-105f4LISUSM , the 5D2 combo won hands down in terms of IQ , especially I dislike the D700 colors and lack of detail, I think the D700 at low ISO is much softer than the 5D2 even when I mounted the best Nikon lens on the D700............

This means , if I had mounted my EF35f1.4L or something similar , it would have blown the D700 combo out of the water,I miss the Nikon AF, though I guess I will stick with Canon for a while especially considering its system price...............a bit cheaper.

Finally, the EF100f2.8ISL was outstanding , I want to the 7D AF in the 5D2 body but I will compromise the AF and probably get the best possible IQ available right now.........

I still have 7 more days to decide so I will compare them more but I think I know what I should do for now......


Moo Mini Card Frame
discount picture frame
Image by Michael Kappel
Moo Mosaic Mini Business Card Frame

Ideal for Photographers and social networking

Photo taken by Michael Kappel of my Moo Mini Mosaic Business Card


My Referral Code for 10% discount off your first order
www.moo.com/share/jszmq2


View the high resolution Image on my picture website
Pictures.MichaelKappel.com

Follow Me on Tumblr.com Photo Blog
PhotoBlog.MichaelKappel.com/


New Moo Mini Card Frame
discount picture frame
Image by Michael Kappel
New Moo Mosaic Mini Business Card Frame

Ideal for Photographers and social networking



My Referral Code for 10% discount off your first order
www.moo.com/share/jszmq2


Photo taken by Michael Kappel of my Moo Mini Mosaic Business Card

View the high resolution Image on my picture website
Pictures.MichaelKappel.com

Follow Me on Tumblr.com Photo Blog
PhotoBlog.MichaelKappel.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment