Tuesday, April 30, 2013

April 21, 1961

April 21, 1961
frames on line
Image by National Library of Ireland on The Commons
Couldn't resist a photo of someone called Rusty, so here is railwayman Rusty Kelly beside his Signal Frame at Lucan South, Dublin.

Date: Friday, 21 April 1961

NLI Ref.: ODEA 25/51


Old Wood Door Window and Stone
frames on line
Image by Striking Photography by Bo Insogna
This is an old building up in the Rocky Mountains in Rollinsville with peeling wood on a door and old wood window and stone. This was at one time a winter summer place for skates to bait. I have been to this place many times and it is funny how all of sudden you notice something cool that has been there the whole time. www.jamesinsogna.com/Architecture/Old-Wood-Doors-Windows-...


Bicycle frames on the line
frames on line
Image by The AlleyTree


Shirts on Line
frames on line
Image by nickcastonguay
First time I left my clothes to dry on the clothes line this summer! Taken with my Polaroid Supercolor 635CL on TIP PX600 black frame film.


X100 focuses better on vertical lines (when held with landscape framing)
frames on line
Image by _vikram
Now that I searched for it, I noticed that this was also mentioned on www.x100forum.com and confirmed by other users, so definitely not something wrong with my unit.

Whats being done in the video:

1. First I half-press to focus on the print on the plastic bag which is successful (green rectangle)
2. Next I try to focus on multiple places on the windows blinds with the blinds horizontal and don't get focus (red rectangle)
3. Next I flip the camera 90 degrees and try to focus again which is successful
4. Then back to the plastic bag but held vertically this time
5. And back to the blinds still vertically
...you get the idea!

Here is another similar test in continuous and single focus modes

No comments:

Post a Comment