Saturday, April 27, 2013

Nice Landscape Picture Frames photos

Sailboat
landscape picture frames
Image by Paul Resh
If you haven't noticed from some of my other pictures, I really like boats. Sailboats, especially.


Ascent to Halfdome
landscape picture frames
Image by Andreas Pagel
The final approach to the summit. I couldn't quite believe we were expected to climb this sheer rock face.

I was pretty tired at this point, the last two miles having been pretty steeply uphill already, so couldn't be bothered to get the camera out. Hence this and the next 5 pictures are still frames taken from my camcorder footage, and so of poorer quality.


afternoon walk
landscape picture frames
Image by staflo
more pictures following :)


Looking at Mount Whitney Archly
landscape picture frames
Image by Bill Gracey
Taken in the Alabama Hills are near Lone Pine, California. This is the area where so many Hollywood Western Movies were filmed. That's Mt. Whitney in the background.

More pictures from the Eastern Sierras may be seen here. www.flickr.com/photos/9422878@N08/sets/72157606897213537/

Press "L" to see large.


Ubehebe Crater
landscape picture frames
Image by Joe Dsilva
I know, I should be posting the picture of a crater ... but I chose not to, at least for a while. Why ?

Because often we are engrossed in capturing and representing the "big picture" that the smaller details and abstractions are left out.

I am a firm believer in the fact that if you take "close look" at things you will see beauty in all. Which is why I lug around my telephoto wherever I go ... It helps me carve out a specific section of the landscape and bring out the intricate details in it. It helps me ensure that the viewer has no other distractions and is perceiving that piece of frame, just the way I envisioned and experienced it.

Otherwise it's just a plain slope with dark soil, dried up weeds all illuminated by a slanted sunlight. There's always something to shoot.


Follow on FaceBook

Connect on Google+

No comments:

Post a Comment