Monday, February 18, 2013

Autzen Stadium, Home of the Ducks

Autzen Stadium, Home of the Ducks
oregon ducks football pictures
Image by rfduck
I was in the vicinity of Autzen Stadium, where the University of Oregon Ducks play football each fall Saturday. How could I not take a picture?

This is the renovated south side of the stadium, complete with a grand new entrance.


Heading in the right direction
oregon ducks football pictures
Image by Erik R. Bishoff
Heading in the right direction: Oregon has won two in a row ....

I am thrilled to have received first place for Best Sports Photography in the Oreogn Newspaper Publishers Association 2005 Collegiate Newspaper Contest.

It is great to be acknowledged. I've worked hard over the last couple years and I take my work very seriously. It is a competative field and with what has been very little direction, other than flying by the seat of my pants and the generous advice and encouragement of some of the local pro's, it looks like I've been doing things right? Well... at least mostly right. Right?

Here's the link to the award
www.orenews.com/Contests/2005/cnc/webhtml/cnc-17-1-1.html

The list of all the collegate awards is here:
www.orenews.com/Contests/2005/cnc/

This particular picture is a shakey, at best, scan of the newsprint copy of my award winning shot and I hope to locate the original soon.

Also congrats to the other winners like my buddy Tim who received Best Spot News Photo and the megga-talented Justin Reinquist of the Daily Barometer up in Corvallis for his huge number of awards.


Picture 052
oregon ducks football pictures
Image by Dinur


Picture 133
oregon ducks football pictures
Image by Dinur


Picture 121
oregon ducks football pictures
Image by Dinur

No comments:

Post a Comment