Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Nice Vintage Football Pictures photos

vintage 70s: me, brother, cousins
vintage football pictures
Image by deflam
I'm on the far right, holding the football. The baby is my brother. The rest are cousins (Robin, John, Billy, Stacy).

I remember this photo being taken, actually. We kids were sleeping at Grandma's house while my parents and my cousins' parents were out at a party or out drinking, or whatever they did back then. Then they came home late, gathered all of us into that couch, handed us toys to hold, and took our picture. It was all so sudden, and all of us were groggy from our sudden sleep disruption.


Backfield
vintage football pictures
Image by pabear26
Bonifield the lesser, Johnson the elder, Foster the elder, and late Bobby Franks, Thomas Road, RIP

Bottom margin did not print; margin on scanner was on front edge.
Shadows show afternoon shot in fall. Neat half-face shadows.

"Original Size" is largest, but image will not rotate to landscape which is how picture was shot. I have had same technical problem with other 8 1/2 x 10's. They default to portrait which is how glossy was scanned. "Original Size " Pizza (Oh, I mean image), I like best since all the nuances in the image can be seen.


Grandview Heights football, and Cabin
vintage football pictures
Image by pabear26
Football picture was passed onto me by an employee of the paper. The paper marked the glossy with red grease pencil to edit the picture. "Original Size" shows some of the markings.
Late Bobbie Franks is carrying football, and I a wiping out the defender in the forefront.

The Cabin was taken with a ciroflex, and a hand-held light meter. I like the crispness of the picture.


India 1945 - Inter-Unit Match
vintage football pictures
Image by TempusVolat
Drawn game, no score.

No comments:

Post a Comment