Saturday, January 12, 2013

Cool Electronic Picture Frames images

My Digital World
electronic picture frames
Image by Wade Roush
In 1995, photographer Peter Menzel and writer Charles Mann published a coffee-table book called Material World. It had a great concept: go to families around the globe and ask them to pose alongside all their material possessions. The contrast between the stack of loot filling the entire driveway of a suburban California family and the few spartan implements owned by a family of herders on the steppes of Mongolia was, of course, striking. That book has always stuck in my mind as a unique look into the differences and similarities between cultures.

When I set up this photo (taken May 26, 2005), I was thinking that it would be fun to try the same thing again, but with the focus on digital possessions. What would you see if you asked a person in San Francisco or Seoul or Madras or Catalonia to gather up and pose with all of their gadgets (for the sake of consistency, let's say everything with a microchip in it)? I'd wager that almost everyone, even the Mongolians, has a few digital gadgets today, if only a radio or a cell phone. And a few people, like me, have a slew of electronic toys.

To explore the idea I decided to set up my own shot, showing all my digital stuff. This is the result.


Turkey Gala 2008 invite
electronic picture frames
Image by derekskey
Electronic invitation I created for Turkey Gala 2008.




Great Eren Göksel tutorial at www.psdtuts.com.


Got a new Electronic Picture frame/weatherstation
electronic picture frames
Image by greyhound dad


P1000555
electronic picture frames
Image by Matt Sidesinger
John's electronic picture frame that he made from an old laptop. It was done very well. I am jealous. I should have just stolen it along with the key rack.


Halloween is SO EXCITING
electronic picture frames
Image by Corvar152
I don't typically add a lot of pictures of the kids because, well just because. When going through pictures to fill Michelle's electronic picture frame for Mother's Day, a number of the pictures leapt out as really good so I decided to post them.

No comments:

Post a Comment