Friday, January 25, 2013

Cool Pictureframes images

Digital Pictureframe
pictureframes
Image by Erwyn van der Meer
TechReady photos shown on a digital pictureframe used during a keynote at TechReady7.


pictureframes
pictureframes
Image by Barnabus, Slayer of 3vil
These are in the stairway in my house. It's a bunch of really old pictures from a long time ago. They've been my favorite part of the house for a long time now. When my parents go to collect their reward, my brother and sister will probably spend all their time divvying quilts and crap. I think that the pictures are gonna be the only thing for which I ask.


pictureframes 2.0
pictureframes
Image by Barnabus, Slayer of 3vil
Again, the pictures. I love these things. Now and forever my favorite part of the house.


Vaio Pictureframe
pictureframes
Image by domramsey
(Formerly a broken Sony Vaio Picturebook C1VE)

In the end I decided to go for something a little smaller than in the previous image. Hanging a keyboard and mouse on the wall isn't entirely practical anyway.

I've still not come up with a "proper" use for this, and I'll probably replace the 802.11b wireless card (left) with something faster and with an aerial that can be moved so it doesn't stick out.

Currently streaming movies over the Internet via Shoutcast... the 1024x480 widescreen display is quite good for that, and of course, it has built in speakers.

Software wise, it's running a modified Slax Linux Live CD installed on the internal Microdrive. Possibly an odd choice, but I needed something small with a desktop environment, and Slax recognised all the obscure Vaio hardware out of the box.



pictureframes
Image by the camera is a toy.
| it's art if you frame it
|| frames

No comments:

Post a Comment