Thursday, January 10, 2013

The Great Escape

The Great Escape
pictures of football cleats
Image by jedIII
This is a photo from my son's Mighty Mite football team, the Eastlake Panthers. My favorite part of this image is the ball carrier's eyes. He looks like he is home free but he sees someone off the frame that we can't. Shot with Canon EOS 10D with Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II lens.


diversity
pictures of football cleats
Image by istolethetv
Hong Kong Rugby Tens, 2011. Hong Kong Football Club, Happy Valley, Hong Kong.

If you like these pictures, you might also want to see my pictures from the HK Beach 5s.

I am available for hire as a freelance photographer in Hong Kong, so if you need someone at the drop of a hat to go cover anything happening in the area such as local cultural events, restaurants, sports competitions, etc. please contact me. Full details available at my portfolio here: marcorepola.tumblr.com/


cleat
pictures of football cleats
Image by istolethetv
I believe this is one of the Pakuranga Pythons (please correct me if I'm wrong) stretching out before a game. Hong Kong Rugby Tens, 2011. Hong Kong Football Club, Happy Valley, Hong Kong. After snapping pictures of the games, I kept getting a lot of sort of generic action shots, so i started taking pictures of the players, who seemed more interesting. I figured i'd leave the action shots to the many sports photographers on duty that day.

If you like these pictures, you might also want to see my pictures from the HK Beach 5s.

I am available for hire as a freelance photographer in Hong Kong, so if you need someone at the drop of a hat to go cover anything happening in the area such as local cultural events, restaurants, sports competitions, etc. please contact me. Full details available at my portfolio here: marcorepola.tumblr.com/


Aug. 28, 2009 - Lights on! The game is on!
pictures of football cleats
Image by Carol VanHook
Chalenge - Join in the fun!
Join the group!
Join the discussion!
Share your game pics!

See: Sept. Theme

The game is on…I have been tagged by bobsd46 (Flickr member, Bob Cotter!

The game is on…September brings a change in the air. Where I live in Iowa, a chill is beginning to drift down from the North. On the good side of this, it’s a bit more comfortable to be outside and play.

The game is on…Football, soccer, school hopscotch, jump rope, horsehoes, fall festivals offer so many opportunities to come together for play. In other parts of the world, there are more likely to be very hot summer games starting!

As educator, I asked my high school students what “the game” might represent. Of course, I heard football this and that…the cleats, the ball. I especially liked what one girl responded, “ a picture of a grandfather and grandchild playing cards.” Another student thought the classroom was a game! I visualize a tug of war between two puppies.

So the game is on…. I challenge you in September to find and share pictures of the game. Michael Jordan once said, “Just play. Have fun. Enjoy the game.”

Lights please! The game is on…


Facemask
pictures of football cleats
Image by jedIII
There is a sense of desperation on the part of the defender here are he realizes the ball carrier has made it by him. Shot with Canon EOS 10D with Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II lens.

No comments:

Post a Comment